Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The World Today

When I read the news today, I really felt like the world and the inhabitants thereof are going crazy. As if we are getting sucked into a routine and a lifestyle that is opposing our natural order. While contemplating and meditating (Muraqaba), which I do everyday, I imagined looking down at earth from space and thinking that there’s an economic meltdown, in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine there are major wars, in Samoa a tsunami, in Africa drought, in America there’s fires and in all major ‘developed’ countries, there’s depression and stress not to mention the pandemic of AIDS. My conclusion on the reasons for all of these happenings is that Islam is not practiced the way it ought to be practiced. Islam is not understood correctly and this incorrect understanding of Islam is being broadcasted by the media.

As I’ve stated in my post on modesty and morality, that there are divine causes for whatever occurs on earth, it is the cause of our actions that Allah (S.W.T.) sends down conditions upon us. If we, Muslims, practice Islam correctly and we, Muslims and non-Muslims, understand Islam, there will be peace, contentment and tranquility on earth. In my opinion, the wars that are ongoing are because of greed, and the western nations want to impose their culture on all nations. Well, looking at the ‘civilized’ western culture, I only see more and more destruction. The economic meltdown is a result of the common use of interest, as interest is prohibited in Islam and AIDS is a result of immorality.

In this environment of evil, stress and depression, I only see peace and contentment in Salaah and the belief of Taqdier. Nabi (S.A.W.) has prophesized these times and I see the signs of Qiyamah happening more and more. I ask one and all, including myself, to try and understand and practice Islam correctly. Insha-Allah, Allah (S.W.T.) will grant us better conditions.

And Allah (S.W.T.) knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment