Friday, August 14, 2009

Some advices

The weekend I had was really enlightening. I was out in Jamaat. It seems that for the past few days I've only been getting information on marriage... The uncles that I joined in Jamaat always bring up this topic with me... I guess it's because I am getting married soon, InshAllah...

The most shocking thing that I've learnt this weekend is the amount of people that are on drugs and the amount of depression that exists in our community. Insha-Allah I will give my views on this at a later stage.

Some things I try to practice upon...

Speak less, listen more... I've done this for a the past two years now and I really learnt a lot, especially when sitting in the company of elders. I've also learnt from people younger than me, my age and elder than me just from listening more. This practice also humbles a person...

Eat less, exercise more... I need to practice this much more than I am... From what I have started doing, I feel healthier physically and mentally...

Sleep less, pray more... This I've done for a year now... Really helps.. Six hours of sleep is enough for me... I feel less tired and fresh... I would Ideally love to add 1 hour of siesta to this but unfortunately South Africa is not siesta orientated... In Jamaat it really helps to have a little nap in the afternoon. So sleeping less has given me much more time to pray... The Tahajjud prayer really becomes a part of ones life if this is brought into practice...

I hope one and all find this helpful. Please comment if there are any suggestions...

May Allah make it easy for me to bring the above more into practice into my own life. Aameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment